Fundraising & Grant Manager
|Wash United (INR 11.7 Lacs/PA)
1 June 2012
|About the Organization
WaterAid is an international nongovernmental organisation focused exclusively on improving poor people’s access to safe water, improved hygiene and sanitation in developing countries. WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer.
WaterAid has operations in 26 countries of Africa, Asia and the Pacific Region. In India WaterAid operates as a liaison Office (Country Office) in New Delhi and Additional Liaison (Regional) Offices in Bangalore, Bhopal, Lucknow, and Bhubaneshwar. In 10 states across the country WaterAid supports the work of a large number of national and regional NGOs in the provision of safe and effective water and sanitation for poor and marginalized communities. Our team of professionals includes programme, policy and finance staff. India Country Programme is one of WaterAid\'s most established programmes in Asia with a total of 54 staff. WAI\'s programme focus in the coming five years will be promoting and securing the rights and access to safe water, improved hygiene and sanitation for many poor people through direct services and millions more through our influencing work. This will include significant inputs of research, documentation, advocacy, networking and supporting NGOs.
This role is within the Marketing & Communications Team. The team is responsible for developing and implementing WaterAid in India/JalSeva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) fundraising strategy. Team activities include soliciting new and managing existing relationships with donors, securing funding from bilateral and multilateral agencies, corporate donations, employee fundraising activity, payroll giving, retail fundraising opportunities and mass participation events.
The Fundraising and Grants Manager will provide leadership, support and management for all WAI/JSCF’s funding from institutional donors (European Commission, DFID, USAID etc). The Job holder will be responsible for securing and managing funding from bilateral and multilateral agencies and other major international NGOs, foundations and Trust. The Job holder will coordinate and support the development and implementation of WAI/JSCF Fundraising strategy
1. Work with the Head Marketing & Communications to develop and implement a new fundraising strategy, develop new relationships with and manage existing relationships with
Government, bilateral, multilateral agencies, foundations and Trust. This includes:
Research and prioritise institutional donors to proactively approach
Work with all the relevant units within the Country Programme(eg regional, programme,
finance, policy and partnership teams) to identify suitable and strategic programmes or groups of projects to offer statutory donors, in consultation with the Programme Funding team and the South Asia regional desk.
Directly developing funding proposals.
Manage all aspects of contracts for WAI including advice and guidance on donor policies and procedures, clarifying reporting requirement and timeframes, submission of payment request.
Initiate and develop relationships with new institutional donors to secure long term restricted funding develop good relationships with marketing and communications department to ensure that WaterAid is at the centre of the planning process and that all opportunities are fully explored
Work with Members (America, Sweden and Australia) in development of funding proposals, as required.
2. To work on proposals and presentations to potential and committed donors, leading on these when appropriate.
3. Ensure new opportunities deemed appropriate and strategic are developed as secured partnerships. This will include:
managing and evaluating new relationships with institutional donors
ensuring that WaterAid and the donor objectives are met to maximise income and
opportunities from each relationship
agree fundraising targets
work to best standard practices
4. Ensuring reporting, visibility and other compliances are adhered to and communicated to the
WAI/JSCF team. Be responsible for coordinating with the relevant teams for developing and
presentation of reports and periodical updates to donors
5. Support capacity building of programme team and partners in understanding donor and
6. Work with the Programme Funding Team and the WaterAid Members (America, Sweden
and Australia) to ensure internal processes and systems for fundraising and grant
management are adequately followed.
7. Coordinate all funding opportunities and grant management with WAI/JSCF finance,
programme and policy and partnership team.
8. Developing income cash flows for statutory funding and monitoring (with Finance and the
region) and monitoring receipt of statutory income and expenditure against contracts
9. Ensuring timely and accurate reporting on contracts and providing monitoring and advice to allow for maximised claims.
10. Develop and maintain good relationships with institutional donors to ensure appropriate networking and presence at relevant events. Work with the Communications Team to maximise public relations and media opportunities to enhance new relationships. Ensure the exchange of good practice, ideas, and initiatives with the WaterAid team.
11. Work with the Head Marketing & Communications to ensure that work conforms to WaterAid’s ethical guidelines.
12. Arranging and chairing regular meetings to review funding processes and progress within the country programme and with PFO Asia and the regional desk-providing update on funding progress and new opportunities
13. Coordinate the development and implementation of WAI/JSCF fundraising and grant management strategy.
14. Ensure that all information added to or amended on the fundraising database (Funding
Matrix, Grant Income spreadsheet) is accurate and that the database is kept fully up to date.
15. Keep up to date with fundraising and other appropriate industry journals, as well as legal issues affecting fundraising from institutions and developments in WaterAid’s overseas programmes and relevant issues.
16. Undertake any other reasonable tasks within the Marketing & Communications Team as requested by the Head Marketing & Communications.
Post Graduate Qualification and experience in marketing and fund raising
Experience of corporate fundraising or corporate sector new business generation
Exceptional negotiating and persuasive skills and experience of competing for and securing new business
Experience of managing multiple priorities
Experience of managing information on fundraising databases or similar
Confident networking and ability to represent WaterAid at donor events
Good planning, problem solving and negotiation skills – ability to work creatively and to deadlines
Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
Ability to work effectively with key internal and external contacts
Ability to respond to varied working hours, including some evening and weekend commitments and occasional overseas visits
Assertiveness to ensure that deadlines are met, including managing other people’s input
Confidence in working with senior level stakeholders both internally and externally in order to secure Grants, using tact and diplomacy.
Extensive experience of application, letter and report writing for a major institutions and foundations, and the ability to write accurately and persuasively and to develop a variety of funding proposals and other donor communications.
Demonstrable excellent written and verbal communication skills with major donors and philanthropists, and proven ability to establish relationships at different levels.
Excellent numeracy, attention to detail, ability to use spreadsheets and analyse complex budgets.
Commitment to WaterAid’s values and a working style that reflects these Experience of managing complex grants from the European Commission and USAID
Please fill in the application form . Please note that ONLY applications submitted on WaterAid\'s standard application form will be considered. Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by: 1 June 2012