Corporate Governance Regional Lead
|International Finance Corporation
10 August 2012
IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused exclusively on the private sector. We help developing countries achieve sustainable growth by financing investment, providing advisory services to businesses and governments, and mobilizing capital in the international financial markets. In fiscal 2011, amid economic uncertainty across the globe, we helped our clients create jobs, strengthen environmental performance, and contribute to their local communities—all while driving our investments to an all-time high of nearly $19 billion. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
Corporate governance (CG) is a central component of IFC’s approach to sustainability, an important element of the additionality the Corporation provides its investment and advisory services clients, and a key element of our branding and business development strategy. Our institution’s hands-on practical experience with corporate governance in all types of emerging markets enterprises uniquely places IFC to be a global leader in this field.
The Corporate Governance Unit intends to hire a Regional CG Lead to be based in the region (Mumbai) to lead IFC’s CG efforts in South Asia. The Regional CG Lead will report jointly to the Global Manager for CG, based in HQ, and the Regional Business Line Manager, located in the region.
• Develop CG Investment Support/Advisory Services (AS/IS) strategy for the region and oversee implementation of overall IS/AS CG Program together with the CG Operations Officer(s), CG Officer(s) and CG Global Product Specialist;
• Oversee CG Support for IFC’s investment program in the region, including serving as lead CG Officer for the region and overseeing the work of other CG Officer(s) assigned to the region;
• Coordinate the delivery of CG Services support to IFC investment clients, working closely with regional Portfolio team, CG AS Sr. Operations Officer(s) and Global CG Services Team;
• Oversee CG AS Program for the region/countries as applicable, working closely with CG Sr. Operations Officer(s) and CG Global Product Leader, including design and development of specific AS projects, ensuring fit with Regional Business Line Strategy in cooperation with the Sustainable Business Advisory (SBA) Regional Business Line Manager (RBLM);
• Ensure RBLM receives required reporting and feedback from CG AS Regional Program and that AS supervision cycle is adequately documented;
• Oversees client relationships for the CG services provided to IS/AS program for the region, ensuring expectations are met/exceeded.
Resource Management Accountabilities
• Jointly, with RBLM & CG Manager, selects, hires and oversees the work of the CG AS Sr. Operations Officer(s);
• Serves as Primary Supervisor for CG Operations Officer (AS program manager) including career development and performance evaluation;
• Along with the relevant Sr. Operations Officer(s), oversees the recruitment of country project teams and ensuring that appropriate technical expertise is developed and deployed by the regional team, including mentoring of AS program staff;
Relationship Management Accountabilities
• Serve as IFC’s “Single Point of Contact” for CG IS/AS in the region;
• Maintain strong relationships with regional investment Managers to ensure that the CG program is aligned;
• Develop and maintain relationships with regional CG players and represent IFC CG in regional fora;
• Coordinate with WB Group CG efforts in the region;
• Support IS/AS Management in fostering and maintaining strong donor relations and ensuring funding for regional CG AS efforts.
Primary consideration will be given to candidates with front line experience working with companies on corporate governance issues in emerging markets.
• MBA, law degree or other relevant graduate degree;
• At least five years’ experience in a field or fields related to corporate governance – including but not limited to accounting and audit, legal, securities and stock market development, management consulting, technical assistance, etc.;
• Ability to work collaboratively in a global team and network environment;
• Experience working (and preferably living) in emerging markets;
• Experience with the design and delivery of professional training a plus;
• English essential, other regional languages a plus;
• Investment experience an asset.
Applications must be submitted online. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates can check the status of their applications by visiting www.ifc.org/careers.
Please visit the Link
Apply by: 10 August 2012