Ø To be responsible of the general well functioning of the mobile ATFCs
Ø To ensure the quality of care given to the beneficiaries in the mobile ATFCs
Ø To ensure correct implementation of the nursing related protocols in the mobile ATFCs
BSc ( Nursing
) or General Nursing& Midwifery (GNM) recognized from a Nursing Council of India
· Minimum 3 years of work experien
ce as a nurse or midwife, preferably in rural areas. Preferable MSF field experience or other NGOs. Previous experience in a supervisory role desirable
MISSION AND PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES:
To assess on a daily basis the well functioning of all the department of the mobile ATFCs., including looking for the best possible solutions for the mobile ATFCs, focusing on the medical needs and the priorities of the organization.
To ensure respect to all standards ofqualityof careto all the patients, including:
- To ensure the respect of the dignity of the patients and caretakers.
- Resolution of problems occurring between the patients and the personnel.
- Provide a welcoming and respectful atmosphere, encouraging the patients and/or caretakers to ask questions and express problems/difficultie
- To ensure that nursing related protocols are correctly implemented, including:
Pharmacy related responsibilities:
- To ensure that the anthropometrics measurements are correctly done.
- To ensure that the admission and discharge criteria are respected.
- To ensure correct triage and immediate referral of severe cases to the doctor.
- To supervise the medical consultation by GNM and ensure respect to referral criteria from GNMs to doctors.
- To supervise that the drug/RUTF is dispensed correct and well explained.
- To ensure that mothers are well informed about the functioning of the program; the state and evolution of their child.
- To ensuregood hygiene maintenance inthe mobile ATFCs.
To ensure medical and logistic items that needed for the mobile clinic has taken on daily basis (medicine, vaccines, admission/discharge package, medical forms)
To collect the admission/discharge packages consumption/inventory and to be ordered on a weekly basis. To collect the drugs consumption/inventory and to be orderedon a weekly basis.
Human Resources Management
This position is not the hierarchycal supervisor of any nursing staff in the project. The hr management of the nursing staff falls under the nurse supervisor, as per project organogram,
The nurse supervisor (mobile atfc) will be the functional supervisor of the nursing staff while on the mobile atfc and will support and communicate to the nurse supervisor in all hr issues of the department.
Therefore: Together with the Nurse Supervisor, to plan and manage the working scheduleon monthly and weekly basis.
To ensure staff attendance on daily basis, including punctuality of the staff and their break period.
Together with the Nurse Supervisor, to do regular evaluations of the staff and transmit the information to the Field Nurse. Work in collaboration with the Nurse Supervisor
Data Collection and Reporting
To ensure correct filling of the cards and the attendance register book.
To collect daily the number of new admissions and exitsand inform to the Field Nurse
To collect dailythe attendanceand transmit the information to IEC Supervisor.
APPLY & MORE INFORMATION
Please clearly state which position you are applying for and send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date applications: 19th July 2012.