Applications Invited for Post Graduate Diploma Course in Marketing Management (PGDM-MM)
Institute Name: XISS Ranchi
Apply By: 10 Oct 2022
About the Organization
The Xavier Institute of Social Service (XISS) was established as an extension department of St. Xavier’s College, Ranchi, in 1955 with the objective of training young men and women in Rural Development, Personnel Management and Industrial Relations. In 1973 the institute was registered as a separate educational society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. In 1978, it moved to its present site and over the years has developed its own distinct identity as a centre of excellence in management education, research, consultancy and development interventions.
We envision a centre of academic excellence towards creating a sustainable society with peace, justice and reconciliation.
- To become a leading management school in India by offering a portfolio of academic, research, social involvement and outreach programmes.
- To create leaders with conscience, compassion, competence, and commitment for sustainable development and empowerment of the marginalised.
About the Course
The two-year Post Graduate Diploma Programme in Management in Marketing prepares a student for a career in marketing and sales in industry, products and services. It also aims at developing skill sets for the new upcoming areas in Marketing Analytics, Marketing Operations, Digital Marketing. The programme facilitates learning of theory and practice in different areas of Management and to bridge the knowledge and application expectations of the different stakeholders.
Under this programme the courses are designed to develop – (i) the analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities, (ii) the awareness of the socio-economic environment, and (iii) the personality with socially desirable values and attitudes. Towards these objectives and to suit the contents of each course, a variety of teaching methodologies, such as case studies, role-plays, problem solving exercises, group discussions, computer simulation games, audio-visuals, are used in the programme.
The primary objective of the programme is to impart knowledge and skills and, just as important, to transmit certain values. The institute proposes to make the students aware of the occupational mobility and voluntary compliance to ethics, law and social responsibilities.
In this context, not only the imparting of knowledge and skills is of vital importance, but even more crucial is the purpose for which the knowledge and skills are utilized. This will greatly depend on the values that students carry with them once they graduate from the institute.
The programme helps the students to equip themselves with the knowledge, skills and values. This is by way of:
- Getting the students acquainted with problems of today’s business environment which has grown to be dynamic and competitive.
- Development of decision making skills, analytical skills and logical through several case study analysis, presentations, live projects, company internship, interactive class room lectures and discussions.
- Improvement in the communication and interpersonal skills of students, that they become confident and influence others.
- Communication labs are an essential part of the curriculum for students to become good listeners who are sensitized to the expectations of others and play an effective role in group situations.
- Summer Project / Internship are an integral part of the course curriculum. The summer internship programme is for a period of six to eight weeks.
- Rural camps are organized with an objective of imparting an understanding of the deeper aspirations of the common people for justice. The course ensures a perfect blend of humanity and professionalism, the amalgamation of management, leadership and social service is an active ingredient of this esteemed institution that creates, “Professionals with a difference.”
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- To develop a set of individuals who work and innovate in the field of Sales and Marketing in specific and business in general.
- To sensitize the students towards sustainable development and people’s lives especially in the rural areas.
- To adopt academic and industry practices in the programme which aim at holistic learning for the students.
- To generate awareness among students on ethical and value based personal and Professional living.
Programme Outcomes (POs):
- Apply knowledge and insights of different management theories and practices to solve business problems.
- Foster Analytical and critical thinking abilities for data based decision making.
- Ability to understand, analyse and communicate global economic legal and ethical aspects of business.
- Ability to develop value based leadership ability.
- Ability to lead themselves and other on the achievement of organization goals contributing effectively to a team environment.
Futuristic Approach: The Programme has taken note of the fast changing field of marketing management as a discipline and to attune itself to the changing demands of the industry, the department has decided to continuously work towards identifying the requirements and incorporating it in the curriculum. Faculty members are attending different programs like seminars, workshops and faculty development programs as well as engaging with the industry through live projects apart from the conventional Summer Internships and guest lecturers from the industry experts. Our alumni are also helping out in carrying out this effort. The relevance of the curriculum is also therefore kept only for a period of two years after which the Board of Studies comprising representation from eminent academia, industry and Alumni come together and redesign it.
Minimum qualification for admission to the PGDM program at the Institute is three / four years bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ST) in any discipline recognized by Association of Indian Universities.
Candidates appearing for final year or final semester of their graduate degree examination in academic year 2021-22 are also eligible to appear for the admission process. Provided they do not have more than 2 (two) backlogs in all. Such candidates if finally selected, must clear their graduation examination with 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ST candidates ) by August 2022.
Also, a candidate desirous of seeking admission at Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi will have to appear in an all India level management admission test. XISS, Ranchi considers only the following three admission test scores for shortlisting the candidates:
- Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT 2022) conducted by XLRI, Jamshedpur
- Common Admission Test (CAT 2021) conducted by IIM, and
- (CMAT 2022) conducted by NTA
The above three are the only approved examinations through which a candidate can apply with at XISS Ranchi.
How to Apply
The institute will accept only online registrations. Date of filling up forms for seeking admission at XISS, Ranchi (for session 22-24) will remain open from October 01, 2021. Application closes on 10th May 2022 (12:00 Noon).
The admission process followed by the Institute is as per the guidelines of AICTE. Interested applicants are required to follow the following steps:
- Applicants must register themselves at the XISS admission application window by pressing the ‘Apply Now’ button and enter the necessary details. It will lead to the application form.
- For online registrations, the registration fee can be paid through online transactions using Credit / Debit / ATM cards / Online Banking, and the Application form fee is non-refundable.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd