Applications Invited for Intersex Fellowship Program 2022-23
Organization: Intersex Asia
Apply By: 10 Oct 2022
About the Organization
Intersex Asia is an autonomous regional network of intersex-led organizations and individuals from Asian countries that work to support, educate and advocate for the rights and lives of intersex individuals and raise awareness on human rights violations and discrimination faced by intersex communities.
Intersex Asia was established when 12 intersex people representing organizations and communities from Hong Kong (China), India, Indonesia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam came together to attend the first Asian Intersex Forum which took place in February 2018 in Bangkok, Thailand.
About the Fellowship
Growing the intersex rights movement in the Asian region is a strategic goal of Intersex Asia. In alignment with this goal, Intersex Asia is starting the fellowship program which aims at incubating new and young intersex activists and promoting leadership in the Asian intersex human rights movement. Intersex Asia firmly believes that intersex people must be considered as an important stakeholders while laws and policies are made by governments. At the moment, intersex people are invisiblized in the public discourse and hence, they are not given their due space. Further, intersex people in the region themselves are not aware of their rights which disempowers them. The primary aim of the fellowship program is capacity-building of intersex people to enable them to participate, contribute and lead the national, regional, and global efforts to advocate for the rights of intersex people. It also aims to increase the visibility of intersex issues and build local intersex communities.
The Fellowship program was launched on 8th November 2020. The first cohort includes 8 intersex fellows from six different Asian countries. The first batch graduated in October 2021 and the second batch is going to graduate in October 2022. After the successful run of the first edition and the second edition, we are delighted to invite applications for the third cohort of the fellowship program.
Duration of the Fellowship Program
The duration of the fellowship program is one year, starting from November 2022.
Benefits of the Fellowship Program
- Leadership Development: All selected fellows will get to play a key role in increasing the awareness of intersex rights and act as stakeholders in the regional and national advocacy efforts toward securing the rights of intersex persons.
- Learning: Fellows will get mentorship from leading Intersex activists through workshops and training programs that will be crucial in enhancing their skills in scripting their own narratives and building a stronger network to support the various causes in the intersex human rights movement. The learning module will focus on exploring personal leadership and deep-diving into aspects of social leadership, both in terms of concepts and theory and in terms of tools and frameworks. An indicative outline of modules that will be included are:
- Intersex Rights
- Human rights framework
- SOGIESC Issues
- Global and Asian Intersex movement
- Intersex activists experience sharing
- Proposal writing
- Specialized Training on domestic and UN Mechanism on human rights: Fellows will also get specialized training on utilizing human rights mechanisms in their country and the United Nations system.
- Financial Support: Each fellow will receive a stipend of 200USD per month from Intersex Asia. The provision for the stipend is conditional and it is provided only after the fellow completes all the responsibilities and assigned tasks.
We welcome applications from people who feel that a year as an Intersex Asia Fellow would accelerate their efforts and contribute to their personal and professional development as a member of the intersex community. You are eligible to apply for the fellowship if you:
- Identify as an intersex/intersexual in Asia
- Are 18 years or above in age
- Have completed school-level education
- Possess a working knowledge of English for communication
- Have stable internet access for online activities, meetings, and training.
- Able to use office software, and social media such as e-mail, Whatsapp, Youtube, Google Docs, online meetings, and Facebook.
- Capable of committing 20 hours of monthly time so as to fulfill your responsibilities as an IA Fellow and also participate in the training programs.
How to Apply
All those who are interested in applying for this fellowship shall send an email with the following documents:
- Latest CV (maximum 2 pages)
- Cover letter describing their experience as an intersex person and their motivation behind associating with Intersex Asia as a Fellow.
- Reference Letter from a civil society organization or a civil rights activist affirming the motivation and competence of the applicant.
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th October 2022.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd