Organization: SIFF India
Apply By: No Deadline
What is the Sustainable India Finance Facility (SIFF)?
- SIFF is a partnership of the UN Environment Programme, BNP Paribas & World Agroforestry Centre. It is a diplomatic entity based in Delhi, with a field office in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.
- It seeks to utilise private capital for public good (like sustainable agriculture, biodiversity, landscape restoration, renewables, etc.) to help India achieve its sustainable development goals and climate change targets. It works across both private and public sectors.
- At present, it is supporting the Government of Andhra Pradesh in its pioneering zero budget natural farming (ZBNF) program to transition 6 million farmers from chemical farming to regenerative agriculture by 2024-5.
What is the Fellowship Programme about?
- The Fellowship is a 1-year remunerated full-time paid work position that offers young minds an opportunity to work in India & contribute to sustainable development research, communications, events & stakeholder engagement.
What will you gain?
- A chance to work with a transformational development project in India
- A chance to learn from experts from institutions like UN Environment, BNP Paribas and World Agroforestry Centre
- A chance to workon diverse issues within sustainability - for instance, a path-breaking sustainable smallholder agriculture project in Southern India
- A chance to gain practical experience on the food-water-energy-ecosystem nexus
- A chance to get real world understanding about the strategies that can support the efforts of national/local governments to achieve inclusive growth and enhance their linkages with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Agenda 2030 and the Paris Agreement
Responsibilities and Duties
What will you do?
- Based on their background and interest, each Fellow will be assigned an area in communications, sciences, agriculture, monitoring, marketing or innovative finance.
- This can include tasks like field visits, data collection, environmental assessments, organizing workshops, participating in meetings, developing policy briefs, authoring articles and communication materials.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOUR PROFILE DOES NOT MATCH THESE REQUIREMENTS
Who are you?
- Applicants should either (a) be enrolled in a degree programme (a higher degree from university like Masters or a further degree like PhD/MPhil) at the time of applying and during the Fellowship or (b) have just completed a higher-level programme and are keen to acquire experience in project implementation, research and sustainability.
- Your academic subject MUST relate to either of these areas:-- (environment, ecology, public policy, development studies, rural development, agriculture, food sciences, agri-economics, management, business development, etc.).
- Your work-experience, if any, should also be in any of the above-mentioned fields
- Please do not apply of your profile does not match the above.
- Project-work done during the course in these subject areas or any full time work-experience in these areas would be given preference. Hence, please update your CV accordingly.
How to apply?
- Those interested to apply should read the detailed SIFF Fellowship Program Regulations (available in our website), and then submit the (a) SIFF Fellowship Application Form (available in our website), (b) Updated Resume, and (c) Short essay (500 words) stating their motivation to apply for this Fellowship (including their time commitment for a 1-year period).
- All the 3 documents mentioned above are required as part of this application.
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd