Senior Research Associate/Research Associate - Energy
Organization: CUTS International
Apply By: 21 Dec 2022
About the Organization
CUTS International (Consumer Unity & Trust Society) began its journey in 1983 in Rajasthan, from a rural development communication initiative, a wall newspaper Gram Gadar (Village Revolution). This monthly wall newspaper is published regularly and has been instrumental in providing a forum for the oppressed classes to get justice. On seeing Gram Gadar, Rubens Ricupero, Secretary-General of UNCTAD (1995-2004) observed: “It confirmed my view that often the simple lack of awareness lies at the root of so much misery”.
Consumer Unity & Trust Society (CUTS) seeks an experienced and committed resource for the position of Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, with policy, regulatory and techno economic expertise in energy sector for its center for Jaipur, Rajasthan
The candidate is expected to lead key projects, and play a key role in design, delivery and management of projects. Knowledge of practical aspects of power generation sector, economics, environment, law, and political economy is desirable.
- Carry out independent primary and secondary research that would help strengthen advocacy initiatives;
- Develop key data sets, along with analytical tools, to capture performance in context of energy utilities and infrastructure;
- Build consumer traction on key subjects such as regulations, socio-economic implications of energy sector developments, climate resilience and sustainability;
- Research and analyse proposed legislation and regulations;
- Prepare research reports, writing briefing papers, monographs, viewpoint papers etc.;
- Ensure that key outputs are delivered in agreed timelines and budgets to highest standard;
- Ability to undertake field visits and also work on the grassroots and also be able to lead engagement with government officials
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Graduate/Post Graduate from an institute of good repute in Energy/Public Policy/Development Studies/Economics/Law and/or regulatory affairs;
- 1-4 years of professional experience of working on issues related to the energy sector viz. energy transition, electric vehicles, green energy, etc. is preferred.
- Previous experience of public policy research and policy advocacy on energy related issues will be an added advantage;
- Proficiency in English and Hindi both languages desired.
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment will be an added advantage.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd