Applications Invited For 2019 Summer 2019 Global Network Fellowship
Apply By: 01 May 2019
Namati is dedicated to putting the power of law in the hands of people. Namati and its partners deploy grassroots legal advocates to take on some of the greatest challenges of our times: Protecting community lands, seeking environmental justice, Securing citizenship rights, realizing the right to health
About the Global Legal Empowerment Network:
The Global Legal Empowerment Network convened by Namati is made up of 6,000+ practitioners, including community paralegals, lawyers, human rights activists, grassroots organizers, researchers, journalists, and public servants working towards legal empowerment. Together Namati is building a movement, working to make justice a reality for the 5 billion global citizens who live outside the law. With a mission to develop and share ways to advance justice, They are dedicated to learning across regions, across cultures, and across disciplines. The network enables us to meet other experts and practitioners from around the world; access practical tools, the latest research, and pro bono services; and join global workshops, learning exchanges, and other in-person events.
About the Fellowship:
Namati is searching for a current or recently graduated law or graduate student who will support the various initiatives, including direct research and writing, member engagement, and event support as part of the Network team.
Legal research and writing:
- Designing resource guides and tutorials relating to key challenges facing our members – for example, dealing with cases of gender-based violence, evaluating the impact of legal empowerment programs, methodological training materials, or exploring sustainable revenue streams.
- Investigating the status and implementation of national legal aid frameworks, models for scaling up community paralegal services, and other relevant issues in the field.
- Research assistance related to the global shared learning agenda or Latin American regional research articles.
Network member engagement and support:
- Interviewing network members and writing in-depth case studies to document their experiences, results of which may help advocate with governments, major development institutions, donors, and civil society actors, while garnering recognition of cutting edge legal empowerment work.
- Engaging with members and contributing to in-depth discussion topics on our community discussion forum.
- Provide other support to the Global Network, as needed.
Support to current network initiatives:
- Assisting the Network team with logistics and planning support for the UN High Level Political Forum and Grassroots Justice Prize events in New York City in July 2019.
- Investigating potential platforms and methods for future e-learning initiatives.
- Commitment to excellence: You are an organized and proactive current law or graduate student known for producing high quality content on deadline. You are an experienced researcher skilled in analysis and investigation, and your creative edge and entrepreneurial approach to learning set you apart.
- Exceptional communication skills: Your written and verbal communications evidence clarity of thought and sharpness of analysis.
- A global outlook: You are comfortable - and have experience - working with people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
- Creative, relentless problem-solver: It’s in your nature to work tirelessly on a problem - you don’t rest until you’ve identified the optimal solution. And although careful planning and execution define your work, when challenges arise you quickly reorient and identify the best new course of action.
- Collaborative and service-oriented: You greet everyone you encounter with a collaborative spirit, kindness, and empathy. You are known as a team-player who brings an “all hands on deck” mindset to projects - you’re happy to contribute however you can to advance our mission.
- Growth-oriented: You’re always seeking to better yourself and your work, and you will push yourself to the peak of performance to help fulfill our mission. In service of that growth, you welcome and delight in feedback from supervisors, peers, and anyone else.
Washington, DC. Namati will consider remote working arrangements on a case by case basis.
Compensation & Fellowship Length:
- Namati’s fellowships are part or full-time positions requiring a minimum of 12 weeks’ commitment (we are flexible with start dates).
- Please note at this time The org only able to accept applications from individuals whose fellowship will be paid for through independent fellowship funding, and it is unable to make significant changes to the scope of this fellowship based on individual funding requirements.
- Due to the high volume of interest in our opportunities Namati look for finalists to demonstrate that they can be resourceful and creative and will not make excessive requests of our team’s support in securing funding.
- As appropriate, Namati is happy to work with you and your institution so you can receive academic credit for this fellowship.
- Please complete online application form, including a resume and a cover letter.
- Please note Namati strongly prefer for your application materials (resume and cover letter) to be uploaded in one PDF.
Application Deadline: 1st May 2019
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd