Applications Invited for BP Advancing Energy Scholarship
Organization: One Young World
Apply By: 25 May 2019
About One Young World?
At the heart of every global threat is a failure of leadership. This new generation is the most informed, most educated, most connected generation in human history. One Young World identifies, promotes and connects the world’s most impactful young leaders to create a better world, with more responsible, more effective leadership
The annual One Young World Summit convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact. Delegates from 190+ countries are counselled by influential political, business and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Paul Polman and Meghan Markle, amongst many other global figures.
About the Scholarship
While the world demands more energy to fuel its rapid growth and lift people out of poverty, it also demands fewer emissions and a path to a low carbon future.
The UN’s Sustainable Development Goals recognise the need for sustainable energy for all. Supporting the ambitions of the Paris Agreement, BP is determined to address the dual energy challenge: more energy with fewer greenhouse gas emissions.
Reflecting the UN’s Sustainable Development Goal 7, the BP Advancing Energy scholarship funds 30 scholars from around the world to participate in the One Young World Summit 2019.
This scholarship is for young leaders who are focused on advancing the energy transition, creating low carbon businesses, and mitigating the impact of climate change.
The scholarship seeks candidates who:
- Create new low-carbon energy and business solutions
- Work to improve current renewable technologies such as solar, wind, and biofuels
- Increase access to, and the affordability of, renewable energy for developing countries
Scholars will recieve:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London
- Advancing Energy Workshop with BP delegates on 22 October
- Hotel accommodation between 21 and 25 (inclusive) October 2019
- Travel to and from London (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- Discretionary funds to cover reasonable out of pocket expenses connected with getting to and from the Summit (these can be claimed by scholars after the Summit)
BP will select 30 scholars from a shortlist of candidates provided by One Young World. Candidates are assessed on the following:
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative solutions
One Young World will actively seek and prioritise applicants who are making an impact in at least one of the following areas:
- Development of renewable energy solutions
- Accessibility of renewable energy solutions
- Climate change adaption
- Environmental protection
Candidates must be:
- Aged 18 – 30*
- Not be employed by the BP Group of companies
- Nationals of all countries will be eligible to apply for this scholarship
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd