Applications Invited for ClimateLaunchpad: The Green Business Ideas Competition
Event Duration: 19 Apr. 2019 - 31 May. 2019
Apply By: 31 May 2019
What is ClimateLaunchpad?
ClimateLaunchpad is the world’s largest green business ideas competition. Innovation and invention can lead the way to a clean future. That’s why we create a stage for the people who have great cleantech ideas and help them develop those ideas into startups making global impact. ClimateLaunchpad is part of the Entrepreneurship offerings of Climate-KIC.
Fixing climate change, one start-up at a time.
Who can join ClimateLaunchpad?
Anyone with a promising cleantech idea who dreams of becoming an entrepreneur should join. You can be a new start-up, SME, researcher, student, public organisation, consultant, engineer, a combination of the above or something that doesn’t fit a job title. Don’t worry if you don’t have a business plan quite ready. We’ll help you strengthen your plan or teach you how to create one
You can only apply in your own country and you can only enter if:
- You have not yet started a business or your company has been incorporated for less than a year (definition: your legal entity does not exist for more than 1 year);
- Your new venture has attracted less than € 200.000 in total funding (this includes all funding, like grants, government loans, angel and/or VC investments, et cetera)
- You have not yet sold products, solutions or prototypes on commercial terms.
ClimateLaunchpad: The Green Business Ideas Competition
Our competition is your ticket to global success. Provided you have a green business idea and have what it takes to become an entrepreneur.
Your idea can be an innovation in renewable energy, a sustainable transition in the food chain, a mind shift in urban mobility or any other way to tackle climate change.
How it works
To enter the competition submit your idea or innovation with environmental impact. We’ll help you fast track that idea into a business and bypass all possible pitfalls along the way. You’ll learn how to get your idea funded and launched.
Once you are selected to join ClimateLaunchpad, the Boot Camp and coaching sessions will help you develop your idea to a rock-solid plan. You will pitch this during your National Final and the Regional Finals. The winners of each Regional Final will go on to compete in the Global Grand Final.
Even if your idea is on the back of a napkin, you’re most welcome to join.
All entries will be reviewed and ideas that fit the bill of our competition get invited to join.
Once you’re accepted to join the competition, the games begin:
Step 1: Boot Camp
ClimateLaunchpad kicks off with a 2-day Boot Camp in your own country. Our trainers will teach you all you need to know about jumpstarting your business.
Step 2: Intensive coaching and National Finals (plus Regional Finals for India and Africa)
The Boot Camp is followed by a period of intensive coaching. You’ll perfect your pitch, value proposition and business model. After that, you’re ready to rock your National Final where you’ll pitch in front of the National Jury. In Africa and India the top teams of each country go on to Regional Finals*. Winning teams of National and Regional Finals get to compete in the Global Grand Final.
* Regional Finals for India and Africa are new in 2019. All details and logistics will be finalised and communicated asap.
Step 3: Global Grand Final
- The Top-10 competitors in the Global Grand Final will get direct access to the Climate-KIC Accelerator, the renowned business school where great ideas grow into great businesses. On top of that there is prize money. The overall winner of the Global Grand Final receives € 10,000, the runner up gets € 5,000 and the idea that comes in third place wins € 2,500.
- All other National and Regional Finalists who made it to the Global Grand Final get a chance to pitch their idea to the review board of Climate-KIC Accelerator. Impress them and gain access to their programme.
- Let us challenge you, join the competition. But before you do, we just want to make sure that you:
- have not yet started a business or you started it less than one year ago;
- have no substantial revenue;
- you have attracted no more than € 200,000 in investment;
- you have not yet sold products, solutions or prototypes on commercial terms
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd