Apply By: 27 Apr 2019
Job title: Project Officer
Deadline: 27th April 2019
This is a local recruitment. Only Bangladeshi nationals are eligible to apply. The recruitment and benefits package for this position is established with reference to the local labour market and in line with the IUCN conditions of service for Bangladesh.
IUCN Bangladesh, with support from UNHCR, has been implementing a year-long project entitled ‘Biodiversity Conflict Mitigation around the Refugee Camp of Cox’s Bazar District'. This initiative will implement human-elephant conflict mitigation measures in and around the forcibly displaced Myanmar citizen’s camp in Cox’s Bazar involving the refugee and host communities. It will further raise environmental awareness among the refugees and local community, and will conduct advocacy with other stakeholders for overall, long-term environmental improvement of the camp area and beyond.
Under the overall guidance of the Country Representative and the Programme Coordinator of IUCN Bangladesh, and under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Officer will be responsible for the following matters related to the project:
- Assist the project team to implement the project by developing and implementing the work plan, and designing and conducting surveys, assessments, researches, and field interventions;
- Develop a monitoring protocol with specific indicators in line with the PPA and use it in project performance monitoring from activity to results levels;
- Develop a framework for human-elephant conflict mitigation activities as per the guidelines from IUCN and UNHCR and facilitate its implementation;
- Coordinate the capacity building training programmes for the local community and Elephant Response Teams (ERTs) and provide necessary support related to training programmes;
- Master’s in Zoology, Wildlife, Forestry, Environment Science or other related fields.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience relevant to the assignment as defined in the terms of reference.
- Working experience with local community people will be added an extra advantage.
- Good presentation, writing and spoken communication skills in English and Bangla are essential.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd