Applications Invited for M.A. (Sustainable Development Practice)
Institute Name: TERI School of Advanced Studies
Apply By: 07 Jul 2023
About the Organization
TERI SAS commits itself to academic excellence and provides an environment that will encourage both personal and intellectual growth through teaching, creating and sharing knowledge.
TERI School of Advanced Studies was set up as a Trust by TERI (The Energy and Resources Institute) - a not-for-profit, independent research institute recognized globally for its contribution to scientific and policy research in the realms of energy, environment, and sustainable development in 1998. In 1999, the TERI School of Advanced Studies was granted the ‘Deemed to be University’ status by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified vide the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Department of Education, Government of India, notification no. F.9/19/95-U-3, dated October 5, 1999. The objective of the TERI SAS is to build capacity around various themes of sustainable development adopting an inter-disciplinary approach and incorporating the most contemporary, research-based evidence into the curriculum. Since its inception, the TERI SAS has offered not just world-class education, but also an environment that enables its students to develop fresh perspective in their subject areas. Beyond the academic programmes, the deemed University is actively reaching out to school and college students as also to mid-career professionals to sensitize them towards the environment and sustainable development in a systemic, solutions-oriented manner. The deemed University started functioning from its ‘green campus’, located in Vasant Kunj, in 2008 and today offers a dozen Masters programmes and has nearly 200 PhD students enrolled. It has started work on developing a new campus at Hyderabad, Telangana in the south of India and hopes to start offering academic programmes from this campus .
About the Program
The TERI SAS’s master’s programme in Sustainable Development Practice (MA SDP) seeks to address a critical gap in sustainable development education in South Asia. It aims to develop an international cadre of development professionals, well-equipped to tackle interwoven challenges of poverty, diseases, climate change and ecosystem vulnerability specific to the region.
The course comprises of innovative pedagogy and a multi-disciplinary team of faculty members. It provides field trainings, which are rigorous and structured to help students have a real world experience of dealing with development issues. The MA SDP programme is part of the Global Association of MDP programmes, which consists of 26 MDP programmes, offered in 19 universities across countries. The TERI SAS was one of the few universities selected worldwide by the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation to receive seed funding to create the new master's degree programme in development practice. The programme provides an interface between the students of 26 MDP programmes and is reviewed by a team of experts from academia, national and international development organizations.
Programme specific outcome
By the end of MA SDP programme, the students:-:
- Gain in-depth knowledge of development, theories, approaches and practices
- Learn about the latest practices promoting sustainable development from national and international experts (academicians and practitioners), from partner universities, research institutes and development agencies
- Gain experience in real world problem analysis and problem solving through global classroom, minor and major project
- Develop skills for project design and management, development communication, social research, cross-cultural and intercultural adaptation, entrepreneurial and innovative business development
- •Get substantive fieldwork experiences through group practicum for integrating knowledge and skills taught in the course
- To enter the programme, students must meet the following prerequisites.
- An undergraduate degree in any discipline, from a recognized institution / Deemed to be University.
- Candidates with prior experience in development sector would be preferred, although it is not mandatory.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd