Applications Invited for M.Sc. (Climate Science and Policy)
Institute Name: TERI SAS
Apply By: 07 Jul 2023
About the Organization
TERI SAS commits itself to academic excellence and provides an environment that will encourage both personal and intellectual growth through teaching, creating and sharing knowledge.
TERI School of Advanced Studies was set up as a Trust by TERI (The Energy and Resources Institute) - a not-for-profit, independent research institute recognized globally for its contribution to scientific and policy research in the realms of energy, environment, and sustainable development in 1998. In 1999, the TERI School of Advanced Studies was granted the ‘Deemed to be University’ status by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified vide the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Department of Education, Government of India, notification no. F.9/19/95-U-3, dated October 5, 1999. The objective of the TERI SAS is to build capacity around various themes of sustainable development adopting an inter-disciplinary approach and incorporating the most contemporary, research-based evidence into the curriculum. Since its inception, the TERI SAS has offered not just world-class education, but also an environment that enables its students to develop fresh perspective in their subject areas. Beyond the academic programmes, the deemed University is actively reaching out to school and college students as also to mid-career professionals to sensitize them towards the environment and sustainable development in a systemic, solutions-oriented manner. The deemed University started functioning from its ‘green campus’, located in Vasant Kunj, in 2008 and today offers a dozen Masters programmes and has nearly 200 PhD students enrolled. It has started work on developing a new campus at Hyderabad, Telangana in the south of India and hopes to start offering academic programmes from this campus .
About the Program
Science has established the existence of climate change and related anthropogenic activity as the leading cause of it. There is a need to understand climate science, the implications on various regions, resources, societies, and to study ways of mitigating its impacts. Role of policies and measures are also equally important. The TERI SAS offers an intensive four-semester MSc programme in Climate Science and Policy intended to imbue present and future professionals with practical and theoretical knowledge in the area of scientific and policy issues relevant to climate change.
The programme is indeed a need of the hour - an area that requires inventorization, projections, possible ways of mitigating emissions, assessment of possible impacts on humans, habitats, resources, and exploring adaptation options. The programme provides explicit inter-disciplinary knowledge and training in adaptation and mitigation issues and understanding of tools and techniques relevant to the subject. Moreover, it enhances the understanding of national and international policies, laws and regulations applicable to climate science and policy.
Programme Specific Outcomes
The graduates of the M.Sc. (CSP) programme would be able to,
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the scientific foundations of climate change, its impact on social and economic systems, and relevant policy debates and tools.
- Receive hands-on experience in applying scientific, methodological, and policy tools, concepts, and data sources towards analysis, appraisal, evaluation, and mitigation of climate-related challenges at different levels of governance and across sectors
- Communicate effectively with scientists and policymakers on the subject
- Design appropriate methodologies and institutional arrangements for science based climate change governance.
- Develop approaches for context specific decision making relevant for adaptation to and mitigation of climate change.
- Graduate (B.Sc/B.A) or equivalent from any branch of Engineering, Environmental Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry, Geology, Atmospheric Science, Economics, Geography, Zoology, Botany, Anthropology, Agricultural Science or 3-years B.Voc in Industrial Waste Management, Soil and Water Conservation, Industrial Chemistry, Industrial Waste Treatment Technology, Sustainable Agriculture
Last date of receipt of applications forms: 7 July 2023
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd