RFP for Selection of Agency for Inclusive Growth Diagnostic, Medium-Term Growth Strategy and preparation of State Economic Survey including Idea and Action Workshop(s)
Organization: Planning & Convergence Department, Govt. of Odisha
Apply By: 25 Aug 2022
About the Organization
The Planning & Convergence Department has emerged as one of the major nodal departments of the State Government. This Department plays a vital role in evolving effective and sustainable short term and long term strategies for overall development of the State. This Department prepares policy framework for development and is also responsible for co-ordinating the efforts of different Development Departments. Keeping in view the needs and aspirations of the people and within the broad framework of the long term development strategies and priorities envisaged for the State, the Department formulates Annual and Five Year Plans in accordance with the guidelines of the Planning Commission and as per the directions received from the Government.
The Department undertakes regular monitoring and review of the implementation of Plan Programmes and effects necessary adjustments in the Plans both in terms of physical content and resource allocation so as to ensure optimum realization of the Plan Objectives.
About the Proposal
Planning & Convergence Department, Govt. of Odisha invites sealed proposals from eligible bidders to carry out “Selection of Agency for Inclusive Growth Diagnostic, Medium-Term Growth Strategy and preparation of State Economic Survey including Idea and Action Workshop(s)”.
The objective of this team will be to support the Government of Odisha in its endeavor to accelerate growth and development in the State through bringing innovative and actionable ideas, evidence-based solutions from across the country and globe, implementation roadmap, cutting age research methodology, tools and technology. This Team should be sector agnostics and should have the ability to mobilize need based sector expertise within a particular timeframe for short-term inputs. The Team would be the repository of ideas, retainer of institutional memories and a place of convergence of ideas. Overlapping interventions at times become a costly affair. Building synergies across the areas of intervention would be by developing a log-frame.
The activities and tasks for the Consultant are proposed for a period of 5 years. Location of the team is critical as inter-departmental coordination as well as communication would remain central to the operation of the team. The team will be placed at the Planning and Convergence Department, Government of Odisha/Directorate of Economics and Statistics as per requirement and convenience.
Outline of the Assignment -
The assignment is divided into two parts,
- Part 1 – Inclusive Growth Diagnostic and Medium-Term Growth Strategy,
- Part 2 – Preparation of State Economic Survey and Idea and Action Workshop(s), Rapid Review of Growth Strategy.
- The institution/organization should have been in business in India for at least three years (within the last 5 years) with Indian presence (offices/ representatives/ partners)
- Companies / Policy advisory firms which are organized as: Society/ Trust under the relevant Acts Rs. 0.5 Crore as average annual Project Grants, consultancy fees or both in the last three years LLP/ LLCs / Companies under the relevant Acts Rs. 50 crore average annual turnover (defined as consulting fees) in the last three Financial Years (FY 2018-19, FY 2019- 20, FY 2020-21).
- The Bidder should have experience of working on a minimum of three (3) assignments related to Growth Diagnostic Study/ Medium Term Growth Strategy, Economic Survey Report including Idea and Action Workshop(s)/ similar nature of Policy Documents of a minimum duration of 6 months to 12 months with Central/ State Government agencies (Regulatory, Statutory bodies/ boards, urban local bodies, tribunals, commissions, state owned companies and similar bodies) in India. Also, the Bidder’s experience of working should be undertaken for Government of India/ State Government directly or through a Multilateral or Bilateral funding agencies during last 7 years.
- The Bidder/ Institution should have experience of completing consulting three (3) assignments of minimum duration of 6 months to 24 months with Government of India/ different Central/ State Government Departments/ Autonomous Agencies pertaining to Policy Analysis/ Research Studies, Monitoring and Evaluation Data Analysis during last 7 years.
- The institution/ organization should have at least five professionals i.e. faculty/ Researchers/ Technical experts/ Post-doctoral fellows with a Master’s or Ph.D in Economics, Statistics, Econometrics, Applied Statistics, Mathematics, Development Studies, Public Policy, or related subject area expertise in Social & Environmental Science for policy research & evaluation studies, Data handling, analytics and visualization.
How to Apply
The proposal complete in all respects must reach the undersigned by Speed Post/ Registered Post in a sealed envelope clearly mentioning on the top of it “Selection of Agency for Inclusive Growth Diagnostic, Medium-Term Growth Strategy and preparation of State Economic Survey including Idea and Action Workshop(s)” or through online submission of Technical bid in ‘non-editable PDF’ and Financial bid in ‘Password Protected PDF format’ latest by 25.08.2022 before 5.00 PM. The proposals received beyond the last date and time will be rejected. The authority reserves the right to reject any/ all proposals without assigning any reason thereof.
Address for Submission of Proposal:
OSD-cum-Special Secretary to Government,
Planning & Convergence Department,
Lokaseva Bhavan, Bhubaneswar,
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd