Applications Invited for Cummins CSR Grant
Organization: Venture Center
Apply By: 10 Jun 2023
Grant Amount: 1000000 INR
About the Organization
The Venture Center is India's largest science business incubator.
The Venture Center is a technology business incubator specializing in technology startups offering products and services exploiting scientific expertise in the areas of materials, chemicals and biological sciences & engineering. Venture Center strives to nucleate and nurture technology and knowledge-based enterprises by leveraging the scientific and engineering competencies of the institutions in the "Pune region" in India.
About the Grant
Cummins India Foundation – Venture Center CSR Collaboration aims to support entrepreneurs / start ups working on technologies with potential social impact. This collaboration was launched in F.Y. 2021-2022.
Under its Corporate Social Responsibility activities Cummins India Foundation has provided funding for implementing technologies with potential social impact relating to energy & environment at Venture Centre.
- To support technology incubation and technology entrepreneurs associated with Venture Center, an incubator approved by the Central Government (DST-NSTEDB and DBT – BIRAC of Ministry of Science and Technology).
- Promote application of modern/advanced technologies to socio-economic problem solving
Nature of projects supported
- The project needs to define a technology solution to a well-defined problem
- The technology should be innovative/ novel
- Project should be focused on implementing a technology / conducting pilot studies.
- Pure software development with no IP potential
- Pure academic research
- The areas which will be considered for grant are called as key focus areas and are listed down as follows
- Energy & Environment
- Energy efficiency
- Renewable energy
- Air pollution
- Provisions for drinking water
- Waste management
- Alternative Energy
- Environment Clean tech
- Biomass utilization etc…
- Eligibility of Applicants and Project Leaders for projects
- Every project proposal will need to identify a Project Leader and an Applicant/ Grantee
- The Project Leader (PL) will be an individual who will take responsibility for executing the project.
The Applicant or Grantee can be either of the following:
- Case 1: Applicant is an individual
- Case 2: Applicant is a company
- PL has to be an individual (one person).
- PL is required to be at least 18 years of age as on the date of call for applications.
- PL is required to be Indian Citizen. An Indian citizen is defined as one who is in possession of a government approved proof of nationality such as a valid passport, voter’s id etc. Exceptional cases of foreign nationals with potential for impact in India will be considered.
- PL has to pursue the project or startup full time with no other concurrent commitments during the project duration.
- PL cannot be pursuing a long-term academic/research project (like doctoral students) with significant obligations during the project duration.
- PL must have completed basic undergraduate training in natural sciences/engineering/ medicine. Essential qualification is PhD/ MTech/ BTech/ BPharm /MD/ MBBS/ BDS/ MSc / MPhil/ M Des/ MPH /MBA / MSW and equivalents, with under‐ graduate training in Science, Medicine, Engineering. Applicants with a BSc degree with at least 1 year of full-time work or research experience shall also be eligible
- If Applicant is a company, the Company/LLP should be registered under the Indian Companies Act, 1956/2013
- The company should be owned by resident Indian citizens i.e. minimum 51% of the capital is beneficially owned by resident Indian citizen(s) and / or Indian companies, which are ultimately owned and controlled by resident Indian citizens
How to Apply
Call Open: 15 May to 10 June 2023
The maximum support that can be provided per project is upto Rs. 10 lakhs
- Duration of the project should be only upto 6-8 months.
- Applicants are requested to go through the guidelines and eligibility criteria before applying.
- All applicants will apply by filling the online application form and mailing the necessary documents.
- Click on the following link to fill the online application form : https://forms.gle/HPw3RsT3YcDWGZ4H7
- Documents to be submitted :
- Appendix 1 : Attach CV or Resume
- Appendix 2 : Presentation introducing your business venture
- Appendix 3 : Proposal describing the specific project for which you require funding and the milestone breakup for 6 months (please include budget details)
Mail all the following documents to the following Email Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd