Applications Invited for Global Youth Climate Action Fund (GYCAF) Micro Grant 2023
Organization: Global Youth Climate Action Fund (GYCAF)
Apply By: 16 Jun 2023
Grant Amount: 1000 USD
About the Organization
The Global Youth Climate Action Fund (GYCAF) is the first of its kind climate fund dedicated to financing youth-led climate action around the world. The idea for the fund was birthed at COP25 and developed over a three months consultation period that involved virtual dialogues with finance experts to help curate a vehicle that supports and champions youth-led climate action. This initiative is hosted by BLI Global.
BLI Global (Better Living Initiatives - Global) is an international grassroots non profit organization focused on promoting solutions, improvements and initiatives to sustain better living conditions around the globe.
About the Grant
GYCAF envisions a world where young people are given the resources to pursue green entrepreneurship and create a green economy with the goal of lowering carbon emissions and conserving the environment.
Fund Mission: To finance youth-led climate action in communities vulnerable to the effects of climate change.
Paris Agreement and Agenda 2030
- Financial goal to mobilize USD 100 billion and global temperatures to well below 2 degrees Celsius by 2025
- IPCC report indicating an uncertain future in the next decade
- Need to create a means of implementation that creates an enabling environment for youth
Target Beneficiaries: The fund targets youth-led organizations and networks seeking funding for their projects and businesses.
Microgrants Funding Focus -
- Sustainable Agriculture: smart agriculture to ensure food sustainability.
- Clean Energy: powering communities in need of light and energy.
- Oceans: protecting marine life and mitigating climate catastrophes.
- Capacity Building: empowering youth with entrepreneurship skills.
- Green Stewardship: protecting biodiversity and influencing behavioral change.
- Technology and Innovation: breakthroughs that solve climate-related problems.
Successful applicants will be awarded grants between USD 500 - USD 1,000, depending on the grantee application.
- Youth-led organization (80 percent majority-owned; the definition of youth adopted is under 30 years of age)
- Strong motivation on creating change or an impact in the community through grassroots activism
- Conducting grassroots activism in their community
- Seeking grants to kick-start or support already existing initiatives
- Clear environment and socio-economic impacts of the project/initiative
- A clear idea of how to use the funds and why this grant will be useful to create more value and impact for the project
- Demonstrates well-planned project, with well-developed strategy, timeline, budgeting, and team management
How to Apply
Register until 16th June 2023.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd