Monitoring and Evaluation Associate
Apply By: 18 Jun 2023
Tanager is an international nonprofit that connects smallholder producers and private businesses to co-create new ways of realizing life-changing economic and social opportunities. Our process builds on years of technical expertise, on-the-ground presence and public/private partnerships to unite economic growth with social innovation. Together, we are ushering in an era of equitable market systems that combine profitability with the power to address urgent challenges in poverty, malnutrition, and gender inequity.
Tanager brings the right people to the table in India, from smallholder producers to major consumer brands and everyone along the supply chain, to improve the productivity and profitability of Indian farmers and strengthen sustainable supply chains. We combine technical expertise and business perspective to assess markets, analyze supply chains, and pilot new technologies and tools in collaboration with market leaders such as Mars Wrigley Confectionary, Walmart, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and the UNDP, and thought leaders such as the Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CIMAP), NABARD, and the Sustainable Food Lab. We help farmers to increase their incomes through the supply of quality production to higher value markets. We also solve complex agricultural problems to create value for farmers and other members of the supply chain.
Tanager is seeking talented professionals for the Monitoring and Evaluation Associate position, for an anticipated project based in Telangana. The M&E Associate will be responsible for providing support to the Program Manager, with dotted line support to M&E Manager at Tanager India HO, for establishing and rollout of the systems in place for field data collection, management, data verification, compiling, analysis and reporting. S/he will also be responsible to guide and build the capacity of Data Entry Clerks
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Establish MEL systems:
- Support in establishing M&E systems (primarily digital, but where required simultaneously manual as well), build capacities of data entry team for accurate and speedy data entry. Undertake field visits at regular intervals.
- Establish veracity of sources from where data is collated.
Data Management, Compilation & Analysis:
- Manage physical and electronic records, review data for deficiencies and errors, complete and correct the missing or incorrect information, compile information and analyze the data.
- Point of Contact for conducting internally or through external consultants (as may be decided by Program Manager) Baseline and Endline studies. This includes developing SOW, designing formats and executing the field surveys.
- Share results with Supervisors as per agreed reporting frequency
- Responsible for pulling data from the MIS and assisting in preparation of reports for submission to Donor.
- Includes preparation of all supporting documentation as required for submission of deliverables to Donor for each milestone.
- Assist Program Manager and Manager M&E in capturing impact through infographics and other reporting formats, which can feed into Project communications as well as for tapping into New Business Development opportunities
- Participate in weekly meetings
- Participate in Milestone review meetings (internal as well with Donor) and present performance, learnings and challenges
Other duties as assigned by Supervisors.
Education and Experience
- Graduation in Science or Economics or Statistics, or Social Work
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in data verification, management, analysis and reporting, working experience in an international NGO preferred
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, MS Access, STATA, SPSS, Tableau, Power BI, SQL .
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good command over English and Regional Language (Telugu)
- Willing to learn and adapt to the environment.
- Ability to travel within the country, as necessary.
- Must be Indian citizen.
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 18, 2023. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of the Email. The resume and related application documents shall be provided as a single attachment and list long-term employment history and any relevant short-term consulting work. Due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Tanager is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd