Officer, Research Monitoring and Evaluation
Organization: Room to Read
Apply By: 08 Jul 2023
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
Position: Officer, Research Monitoring and Evaluation
Department: Research, Monitoring & Evaluation
Location: Qutub Institutional Area, New Delhi
Room to Read is a global organization transforming the lives of millions of children in low-income communities by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. Founded in 2000 on the belief that World Change Starts with Educated Children®, our innovative model focuses on deep, systemic transformation within schools during two time periods that are most critical in a child’s schooling: early primary school for literacy acquisition and secondary school for girls’ education. We work in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations, and governments to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children and ensure girls can complete secondary school with the skills necessary to negotiate key life decisions.
By focusing on the quality of education provided within the communities and ensuring these outcomes are measured, we have created a model that can be replicated, localized, and sustained by governments. With its global headquarters in San Francisco, Room to Read till date has benefited 32 million children across 21 low-income countries.
Room to Read India was established in 2003 and presently has programs in twelve states – Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi NCR, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Telangana, Uttarakhand, and Uttar Pradesh.
The M&E Officer’s primary responsibilities will include providing support and assistance to the Literacy Program (for below said tasks). The position will report directly to the Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and will be based in Country Office New Delhi. Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer’s primary responsibilities will include establishing and providing guidance and expertise to teams on designing, implementing and managing our monitoring and evaluation systems across the states.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the RM&E Manager & the Program team, M& E officer will design, implement and analyze annual monitoring data on regular basis. Able to coordinate and manage dashboard and inform the management about the key changes observed on monthly basis.
- Collaborate with Program team to implement and maintain monitoring and evaluation efforts in program.
- Implement and analyze periodic data based on filed observation and need.
- Train and mentor staff to help them develop the necessary knowledge and skill sets to run methodologically strong evaluations in their projects and programs and ensure adherence to M&E standard practices, policies and specifications.
- Synthesize and analyze data and write summary reports by program based on the M&E results.
- Identify key issues around program quality and links between monitoring and evaluation and quality assurance and improvement.
- Work with program staff and HQ staff to codify best practices for Room to Read’s programs so that they can be shared across existing countries of operation and rolled out in new ones
- Innovate new M&E systems and projects in order to continuously improve our work in the field.
- Travel regularly throughout the year in urban and rural areas to oversee the implementation of our M&E work, train staff and maintain understanding of current stage of development of M&E practice in the organization and identify where and how M&E practice requires improvement and investment.
- Stay informed about research and trends in the area of monitoring and evaluation and recommend improvements to our systems accordingly.
- Network with other non-profits running similar programs to find areas of collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Represent Room to Read in different forums and advocate the importance of our educational work in the developing world.
- Advanced degree in a related field, i.e. education, development
- A minimum of five to seven years of professional experience
- Proven previous experience in research, monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong technical competence in research and monitoring and evaluation methods.
- Strong operational management ability: a clear focus on results – sets goals, plans and prioritizes effectively, monitors quality and progress of work against plans.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, with proven ability to work with data software packages such as STATA/SPSS/SAS.
- Experience in data entry and analysis.
- Ability to travel frequently to provinces throughout India and our Program areas.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Hindi
- Good knowledge and understanding of education issues, gender issues, including community involvement in schools.
- Experience in successful implementation of a wide range of tasks
To be successful as a member of the Room to Read team, you will also:
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact an up-and-coming non-profit organization.
- Be an innovative and creative thinker – you are not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so.
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
- Have a strong work ethic and require minimal direction.
- Be both self-confident and humble.
- Work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.
Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Benefits include thirteenth month bonus, health insurance and a retirement plan. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, and rapidly growing organization that is changing transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries on literacy and gender equality in education.
Room to Read is a child-safe organization; all personnel are expected to adhere to Room to Read’s Child Protection Policy and Child Protection Code of Conduct.
Please Click Here to apply.
Due to the high volume of applicant response, not all applicants may receive a response from Room to Read. Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We always encourage women to apply.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd