Consultant –Foundational learning Programming
Apply By: 11 Jun 2023
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization
UNICEF works in the world’s toughest places to reach the most disadvantaged children and adolescents – and to protect the rights of every child, everywhere. Across more than 190 countries and territories, we do whatever it takes to help children survive, thrive and fulfill their potential, from early childhood through adolescence.
The world’s largest provider of vaccines, we support child health and nutrition, safe water and sanitation, quality education and skill building, HIV prevention and treatment for mothers and babies, and the protection of children and adolescents from violence and exploitation.
Major tasks of the consultancy are as follows:
- The consultant would support consolidation of the documentation of the four Education Working Group meetings
- Support the PMU in coordination with India Sherpa office for preparation for the Heads of State meeting.
- Support in development of Policy Document related to G-20.
- Any other G20 Education Track related work assigned by the Ministry of Education
In addition to the technical support outlined above, the consultant is also expected to support the Education Section on the documentation of practices of system strengthening in the states especially related to Foundational learning including early childhood education. The consultant would also be expected to support in preparing summary briefs based on the evidence generated by the Education section. As part of this role, the consultant is expected to produce documents such as concept notes, ToR’s for research proposals, and briefs, in addition to help prepare for presentations.
The consultant will be expected to travel and the estimated number of trips under this contract is four, with average duration of 3 days per trip. Travel will most likely be to four of 14 UNICEF programming states. The final destinations for travel will be decided as per the requirement, in agreement with the Education Specialist.
The consultant will be based in New Delhi. S/he will be expected to be available for discussions in the UNICEF India office on a regular basis. The consultant is expected to work with his/her own computer, from his/her own workspace.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- An advanced university degree in social science or relevant field
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible professional work experience at national and international levels in public policy with specific focus on education. Experience of working with senior government officials / representatives of bi-lateral and multi-lateral organizations in informing, shaping and strengthening policies and programmes.
- Experience of documentation, academic papers, research reports and policy briefs.
Technical knowledge and skills
- An understanding of the education sector in India including its policies and programme priorities especially in the context of National Education Policy 2020.
- Proven ability to work with different stakeholders within the education ecosystem from national to field level
- Ability to analyze reports, research studies.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd