Intern - Communications and Advocacy (Two Positions) - Intergovernmental Processes
Organization: UN Women
Apply By: 12 Jun 2023
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide.
UN Women is the global champion for gender equality, working to develop and uphold standards and create an environment in which every woman and girl can exercise her human rights and live up to her full potential. We are trusted partners for advocates and decision-makers from all walks of life, and a leader in the effort to achieve gender equality.
Research, Knowledge Management & Documentation:
- Research and learn about Intergovernmental Processes and Normative Commitments by the Government of India, including the ongoing India’s Presidency of G20;
- Provide research on the latest communication tools that can be used for advocacy;
- Follow and document the regional and global campaigns/communication products for Intergovernmental Processes;
- Analyse communication mediums and report on their benefits;
- Research and document to strengthen the media database of UN Women;
- Analyse UN Women’s social media numbers and overall outreach.
Coordination and Project Management Support:
- Facilitate coordination and manage communication tools for UN Women in close collaboration with partners and other focal points;
- Assist in communication documentation and reporting on Intergovernmental activities;
- Participate in meetings with UN Women, align with the communications plan and assist in execution of the same.
Communications and Advocacy:
- Support the Intergovernmental Processes team in planning, organizing and documenting for events organized under normative commitments, high-level and high-visibility dialogues and other convenings by UN Women for international days of celebration;
- Assist in preparation of knowledge resources, communications, presentations and background material for internal and external use, including fact sheets on thematic issues as well as state specific content for websites and social media;
- Coordinate with the communications focal point on press releases, opinion pieces and social media messaging;
- Draft/and or conduct interviews and collect quotes from partners, and/or at workshops and events.
- Coordinate and assist in the planning and execution of an end-to-end communications plan for Intergovernmental Processes and normative frameworks;
- Creation of human impact stories, communication material – online and offline media, presentations, and background material for internal and external use;
- Support with basic visual design using softwares like Canva and MS Office;
- Support communications and advocacy efforts with the organisation of events;
- Produce press, media and advocacy related material, such as press releases, social media content, factsheets and knowledge materials;
- Coordinate and liaise with programme partners, external communications partners, Generation Equality Allies to create collaborative communications;
- Ideate and create new communications products for the unit.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- University studies in one of the following disciplines: communications, media studies, creative communication, advertising and journalism or other subject relevant to this position, at the university level or other relevant subjects is required.
- Have graduated with a university degree in last two years or be enrolled in a postgraduate professional degree/ traineeship program which is part of a degree programme and undertake the internship as part of the program requirements.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English and Hindi are required.
- Interns will receive a stipend from UN Women for the duration of the internship.
- Interns are requested to use their own equipment during their internship.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd